Finished with Week Four
Week four of Institute is complete. That means there is just one week left! It’s crazy to think that we are almost done here. I only have two more lessons to plan…I can’t believe it. Here are my highs and lows for this second to last week of Institute.
- Pep talks. On all fronts genuine pep talks are great. Whether they come from my roommates or my parents, few things are as empowering as a good pep talk.
- Taco bar for dinner. It has been over a month since I last enjoyed a bean and cheese burrito and although a taco isn’t quite the same it still made me very happy.
- Staying on the topic of food, the homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies my mom sent me helped to make week four a bit easier.
- Catching up with my niece and nephew. Their enthusiasm was refreshing. Plus, I learned that I can beat Jake in a game of basketball just because I’m a teacher. Something tells me he may be confused but I now know he places a lot of trust in the abilities of teachers.
- Happy Hour drinks in Manhattan and ditching out on the very warm school bus ride home to instead head in to the city…I love Fridays
- The seven bug bites that magically appeared on my legs. How they got there, I’m not quite sure seeing as I am rarely outdoors these days.
- Heat waaave (when I write that I’m also singing it in my head). It is so hot! My complainy blog from Monday seems irrelevant now. There was an excessive heat warning today and it did not go unnoticed. Blahhh…