Highs and Lows
- The countdown is officially on for Christmas break!
- The times when I wake up in the middle of the night and realize I still have hours to sleep! On Monday, I woke up at 11:00 and couldn’t have been happier
- One of my boys brought me Sazon, a seasoning used to make fried chicken. He did this after a very detailed conversation on how to make fried chicken which came about only after he asked me if I had ever tried “black person chicken”. I thought it was a sweet gesture despite its somewhat racist origins.
- I just started a consequence system in my eighth period class. I really need this to work!!
- Anny, a student who is hearing impaired, gave me a name sign. We always chat in the hall between classes…well, attempt to chat, my sign language is not as good as it once was.
- Mirelle and I checked out the windows uptown. I’m really loading up on the Christmas spirit!
- It is sooooo chilly! And I’m kidding myself if I think it is going to be warm anytime soon
- The stress level is still elevated from the JIT. Things didn’t cool off in the way I had expected them to.
- This week just seemed to drag on. I think that may be the reality of the working world. Let’s be honest, when the weekend came at the latest on Thursday (aka college) life was good
And I couldn’t resist sharing these genius ads…