Highs and Lows
Ohhh, ohhhh we’re halfway there…seriously though, the semester ends on Monday. Whattttt?!? So besides being halfway through the madness that has been my first year as a teacher, here are this weeks highs and lows:
- Getting a surprise ride home on Thursday and avoiding what would have likely been a tearful train ride home
- Discovering that Trader Joe’s makes a brownie mix that you can cook in the microwave one serving at a time!
- Having two wonderfully awesome and supportive “work” friends to share this crazy adventure with. I don’t think I could do it without them and I am so glad we are in this together
- Barb and Lauren came over on Tuesday for wine and cheese. It felt so familiar and made the night much better
- Talking about skin color with my kids. During lunch a few of the kids stopped by and we had a really honest and open conversation about skin color. It was really interesting to hear what they had to say
- It’s snowing…so pretty and so fun to wake up to!
- Thursday is a top contender for my worst day at school yet this year
- Grad school just got so much more difficult
- Being cursed at by a very angry high schooler. I’m praying he gets the help he needs
- One of my kids was arrested this week and things are not looking good. It’s absolutely heartbreaking
And for something not so sad, I had a really fun Saturday with Sarah and her college friends!