Highs and Lows
It’s officially winter recess. After this week, I am very thankful for a break. I have a lot to look forward to during this week of vacation! Here are my highs and lows for this Valentine’s Day week:
- I had a formal observation this week and it went pretty well…thank goodness!
- My Valentine’s Day cookies were “dumb good”
- I’m leaving for Kate’s bachelorette party tomorrow morning! Mardi Gras, here we come!!
- When I leave the Big Easy I will head to California for a few days of R&R/lesson planning at home
- I love Netflix. I highly recommend Friday Night Lights. Plus, Matt Seracen and Tim Riggins are pretty easy on the eyes
- We finished up our cookies unit today! To make the conclusion of this unit a bit spirited I put a picture of the Cookie Monster on the worksheet. Upon seeing this, one of my students said, “Miss, Cookie Monster is my homeboy, he’s the only crip I like”…
- My method of texting the parents of some of my craziest students is starting to pay off!!!
- Wednesday was a challenging day. Below you can see Julia, Mirelle and my expressions as we journeyed home from work. Okay, they may be a little bit exaggerated…but just a little…
- I was told by a students to suck his (you can fill in the blank)…all this after a simple request to take off his hat