Highs and Lows
- My seniors are pretty engaged in their research project and I’m looking forward to watching their presentations
- Sometimes, just sometimes, my kids come stand right next to me during the pledge of allegiance and it can be really, really sweet
- Two of my troublemakers have been pretty awesome this week. It’s nice to be able to make a positive call home for a change!
- TFA takes its corps members out to dinner for an end of year conversation. I have no complaints about dinner and dessert on TFA’s tab
- The Baked by Melissa Mini of the Month is Wedding Cupcake and it is fantastic
- I am proctoring the SAT for only students who have the last name Torres. I’ve made funny jokes like “you can sit behind Mr. Torres”…I even got a few laughs
- SAT proctoring happens to be rather productive lesson planning time that you happen to get paid for
- I am somehow still not registered for one of my grad school classes…I find this weird seeing as it’s week two of a six week summer session. Nobody seems to be in a hurry to remedy the situation…
- Thursday was busy, busy, busy and late, late, late
- I was covering another teacher’s class when one of his students fainted. It was terrifying but the student was okay. He was taken down to the health center just to be sure everything was fine. Very scary
- I had to wake up super early, considering it is the weekend, to proctor the SATs today
And just because, here is the six toed cat just hanging out…just your average neighborhood cat, right?