The time has come for me to move. Luckily, I get to move in with my friends, Alysa and Sarah! It will be a transition to move across the park but I am definitely excited. I am sad to leave the west side but eager to get to know the east side of town.
I will miss a number of things about the Upper West Side, including:
- Living with another redheaded named Caitlin
- The beautiful view of the Hudson River that I had the privilege of seeing each and every day
- The oddity of living on the 13th floor
- The convenience of having a doorman
- The men who work at the gas station and the flower stand who always say hello
- The cats that lived at the car rental shop
- The Europan up the street that satisfied my craving for toasted french bread and butter
- The Trader Joe’s that was just one express subway stop from my place
- Riverside Park and the path that runs along the Hudson
That being said, I am looking forward to living on the Upper East Side for many reasons, including:
- Living with Sarah and Alysa
- The shorter commute to and from work…Hallelujah!
- The close proximity to a Shake Shack
- The close proximity to two movie theaters
- The close proximity of a number of retail stores…maybe this actually isn’t such a good thing…
- Lower rent payments
- The private balcony that will be right off of my new living room
- Living just three express stops from Union Square
- The Trader Joe’s will now be just three express stop from my place but this one also has a wine store!
- The Fairway Market that will be literally right across the street