Highs and Lows
The school year has begun! This year I am teaching two different classes to a mix of 9th, 11th, and 12th graders. I am teaching a Integrated Algebra Regents Prep course to freshmen and an RCT Prep class to my older students. This first week was pretty positive and I am looking forward to a good second year.
- Mirelle, Julia, and I all have the same lunch. This is a special treat for my sanity
- My students this year seem pretty well behaved. Plus, some of the freshman are just so cute and little!
- My students from last year came by to say hello. It was so great to see them and I was amazed at how much most of them had matured over the summer
- My roommates and I spent some quality time on YouTube and fell in love with Jimmy Kimmel’s videos, in particular this gem
- I am no longer a first year teacher
- I love my new apartment and feel so lucky to have such great roommates
- Work and grad school meant I couldn’t attend a fashion show or fashion night out
- I took a 50lb.+ suitcase down two sets of stairs before realizing that I had walked down to the Downtown platform as opposed to the Uptown platform…it was a rough trip back up stairs and then all the way back down to the correct platform
- Grad school is super intense. I’m taking a math course for teachers and we spent an hour and a half on one problem…crazy. And I have another one for homework…