Fall is one of my favorite seasons. Fall means crisp weather, football, cozy layers of clothing, and pumpkin everything! I have already loaded up on my fair share of pumpkin seeds and pumpkin beer so I figured it was time to add pumpkin cupcakes to the pumpkin mix.
And, no surprise, I found a super simple recipe on Pinterest. One box of yellow cake mix and a small can of pumpkin pie filling is all it took for me to make the batter. In my effort to keep it simple, I also purchased a can of cream cheese frosting…homemade frosting just seemed like too much effort…can you blame me?
In order to make the cupcakes I followed these simple steps:
- Combine pie filling and cake mix
- Scoop the fluffy batter into a cupcake pan
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Let cool…this is the tough part
- Take that store bought frosting and beat it. This trick can double the amount of frosting in no time at all
- Frost and enjoy!