Highs and Lows
- I had Monday off!
- Hanna and I went to lunch at a place called Melt Shop that focused primarily on grilled cheese sandwiches. And in all seriousness, can you think of anything better than a grilled cheese and tomato soup on a chilly afternoon?
- I purchased a drying rack for my classroom. It sounds odd but the kids are using it to hang their study cards and I think that it is pretty awesome, not to mention much more organized than buckets
- I received a very sweet note and a soccer picture from my favorite little guy in San Diego
- I had a great Friday evening hanging out with friends, drinking beer, and eating delicious food
- One of my freshman wrote me a very sweet note…p.s. it wasn’t a dramatic haircut, I just decided to actually straighten my hair for once
- I went to FedEx-Kinkos to make copies for my class, only to leave my debit card in the machine…awesome. Luckily, they had found it and tucked it away in their safe
- I cannot keep an orchid alive for the life of me. I always give them plenty of light and I don’t overwater but they just keep dying on me!
- I was again informed that I look like Taylor Swift
- I was also told that I am Nelly Furtado. The student who came to this conclusion thought it was a good idea to sing “I’m like a bird” repeatedly to be sure I understood. He then asked if I wanted to fly away. After all of his singing I responded “yes”…I swear he knew I was kidding