Highs and Lows
- I met an adorable couple from Oregon while waiting for my train to PA. They were in the city celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary and they were so excited to see my Oregon key chain
- I had a great weekend in Pennsylvania. I got to spend time with my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and cousins. I also got to make five dozen of Nana’s famous molasses cookies and I even got to attend an party with the old folks…I’m talking mimosas and bloodies at 12:30 on a Sunday morning!
- My Donors Choose project was officially funded! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
- We celebrated Sarah’s birthday on Wednesday and we are planning to continue to celebrate through the weekend!
- The fall colors are beautiful and the leaves are so much fun to crunch underfoot
- I got a LOT of work done during parent teacher confernces and spoke with 16 parents. It is so nice to see how invested the parents are in their kids education
- Coffee at 6:45 on a school night equates to an extreme inability to fall asleep
- “Miss, your pants look like pajamas” Oh gee, I’m so glad I purchased patterned dress pants only to look like I wore my PJs to work
- Parent teacher conferneces make for a late night and let’s face it, I have an early bedtime
And I’m not sure how to classify this one…one of my kids said “Miss, if I get good grades they are going to restrain me!” his aunt quickly corrected him, reminding him the correct word was mainstream, as in put him in general education classes. He realized his mistake and was able to laugh about it.
Enjoy your weekend!