Highs and Lows
This edition of weekly highs and lows is a bit late because I made a quick trip to San Diego!
- I got to stay in Manhattan for work on Tuesday. It was a professional development day and it just so happened that my PD was only a mile away from my place!
- One of my students came in to class and said “Miss, we are 9-0”. I was caught of guard because the school team is not quite undefeated. Suddenly I realized that he was speaking about Oregon’s football team. He continued to talk about Oregon as “we” throughout the week. Looks like the Ducks have a new fan!
- My kids were very interested in the election. I was impressed with their patriotism
- I love the girls I work with
- My nail lady said “see you next week”….I think I’ve started a bad habit but I love my weekly manicures
- I got to see my friend Tedi! I am crossing my fingers that she will move to New York
- My juice fast is officially over!
- I met up with my friend Hanna for a drink in the airport before we both boarded our planes
- I got to surprise my niece, nephew, and sister-in-law at the kids’ soccer games on Saturday. They didn’t know I was coming home and it was fun to watch their sweet reactions
- I had an awesome time at Kate’s birthday party…but seriously, who doesn’t love the taco man and good company?!
- The Ducks beat Cal and took over the number two spot in the BCS. I’d like to thank Johnny Football for his role in the A&M upset of Alabama
- I got to see my good friends, Haley and Sarah on Sunday. I miss those girls so much and was great to see them
- I didn’t get an “I Voted” sticker after I voted. I was looking forward to that little sticker
- The slow pace at which the Bronx is receiving assistance in the process of recovering from Sandy is upsetting
- Creating a Christmas card can be a real pain. However, despite some upsets, the Northcote family will be sending out cards this year