I decided it was time to make a bucket list for my time in the city. So, here it is!
- Go to a game in Yankee Stadium
- Get frozen hot chocolate at Seredipity
- Go to MoMA
- Eat lunch on the steps of the Met
- Go to the Statue of Liberty
- Go to the Empire State Building
- Watch the TODAY show live on the plaza
- Have a picnic lunch in Central Park
- Find the Friends building
- Walk the Brooklyn Bridge
- Eat NY Cheesecake
- Eat at Crumbs
- Explore the Chelsea Market, Union Square, SoHo and Tribeca
- Eat fro-yo from the Mister Softies truck
- Get a pretzel from a Central Park cart
- Explore the holiday window displays on fifth avenue
There is a lot of eating on this list!! I am excited to do these things, I know I need to explore the city and see all of the great things it has to offer!
This weekend I had a chance to get started on number thirteen. I adventured down to SoHo and it was great. There were some really neat stores, although most of them were farrrrr out my price range. But that didn’t mean I didn’t enjoy it! I absolutely loved the buildings, the cobblestone streets and all of the well-dressed people.
While I was there, I got to check out the largest J. Crew ever (complete with a Crew Cuts), Madewell and even the Frye store. I also saw Dash, the Kardashian’s store but I didn’t go in because there was a line of people out front trying to get in…crazy! It was a fun adventure and a definite must visit part of the city!
I was walking across the street when I snapped this picture on my phone…maybe a bit too close for comfort but I swear I was pretty close to the sidewalk!